is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.
Notice is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree” you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy agree not to use information provided by for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual’s eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by responsibly.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree”, will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Idaho Court Records is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA and does not provide consumer reports. All searches conducted on are subject to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.


What Are Inmate Records?

Idaho inmate records are official documents that provide information about previously or currently incarcerated people in the State of Idaho. These records prove that the persons named were arrested for or convicted of a crime. Idaho’s inmate records are gathered from correctional facilities such as jails and state-run prisons, state penitentiaries, and county detention centers. Idaho inmate records typically contain the following information:

  • The inmate’s full name and known aliases
  • Biographical data of the inmate, such as the date of birth, race, and gender
  • Physical description, as well as any unique identifiers
  • Details of the charges
  • The offenses committed
  • The date and county of commitment 
  • Current incarceration status, such as custody, parole and sentence information
  • Probable date of discharge

Interested persons may find Idaho inmate records with the Idaho Department of Correction. Since this is a public agency, inmate records are public records, as defined by Section 74–101 of the Idaho Statutes. This gives members of the public the right to inspect and make copies of Idaho inmate records. 

How To Find An Inmate In Idaho?

The Idaho Department of Corrections (IDOC) has an online database where interested persons can find inmates in the state. The inmate information is accessed through the Offender Search portal. This database contains information about inmates currently under IDOC’s jurisdiction, prison, probation, or parole. It also has data of persons who have been discharged and are no longer in custody. However, information available on released persons is limited on the online portal.

The names of those discharged are available, but not the offenses behind the incarceration. To search for an inmate in Idaho, provide either the inmate’s last name or IDOC number. Filtering the search results includes options such as the name and the IDOC number. 

The result page provides a list of inmates that meet the provided parameters. This includes the IDOC number, name, age, and status of each person, whether discharged, on probation, or a current inmate. To see more information about an inmate, click on the highlighted IDOC number. Note that the online database does not provide any more details on a discharged inmate. 

After clicking on the IDOC number, the site provides the following information on the inmate: 

  • The full name and age
  • The mailing address and phone number
  • The offenses committed and sentencing county
  • The sentence satisfaction date
  • The parole eligibility date

To find inmates in county or city jails, visit the particular county sheriff’s office website. For instance, the Sheriff’s Office of Bonneville County provides an online list of all inmates currently in its custody. 

How To Find A Federal Inmate In Idaho?

Interested persons may use the Federal Bureau of Prisons inmate locator to find inmates incarcerated in a federal facility in Idaho. Users may search either by using the federal inmate’s name or the federal inmate’s number. When searching for a federal inmate by name, the required information is the inmate’s first and last name. Filter the search by providing other parameters, which may be the sex, race, or age of the federal inmate.

Alternatively, to search by inmate number, provide one of the following numbers of a federal inmate:

  • The inmate’s Bureau of Prisons register number
  • D.C. Department of Corrections number, 
  • The Federal Bureau of Investigation number, or 
  • The Immigration and Naturalization Services number

Note, the Bureau of Prisons database only has records on individuals who were incarcerated in federal prison on or after 1982. The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is responsible for maintaining information on inmates that were incarcerated before 1982. Therefore interested persons may find records of federal inmates incarcerated between 1870 and 1981 on NARA’s database.

How Do I Find Inmate Records In Idaho?

Interested persons may obtain inmate records in Idaho by printing the result page on the Idaho Department of Corrections Offender Search portal. This page provides basic information about the inmate. The Idaho Department of Corrections, however, allows interested persons to request for additional details on the inmate and information on discharged inmates.

To request an Idaho inmate record, complete the public record request form. In making the request, be sure to provide specific details about the inmate in question. After this, select the preferred mode of receiving the requested record, whether by email, postal mail, or on the site. Alternatively, send a formal written request detailing the particular inmate record sought to:

Records Bureau

Idaho Department of Correction

1299 N. Orchard Street, Suite 110

Boise, ID 83706

For inmate records on persons incarcerated in Idaho county or city jails, contact the particular county sheriff’s office or the administrative staff of the facility that has the inmate is in custody.

Records that are considered public may be accessible from some third-party websites. These websites often make searching simpler, as they are not limited by geographic location, and search engines on these sites may help when starting a search for a specific or multiple record(s). To begin using such a search engine on a third-party or government website, interested parties usually must provide:

  • The name of the person involved in the record, unless said person is a juvenile
  • The location or assumed location of the record or person involved. This includes information such as the city, county, or state that the person resides in or was accused in

Third-party sites are independent of government sources and are not sponsored by these government agencies. Because of this, record availability on third-party sites may vary.

How To Put Money On Jail Inmates Book In Idaho?

The Idaho Department of Correction makes use of a third-party account management system named Access Corrections. The system allows family and friends to put money on jail inmates’ books in Idaho using a money order, cashier’s check, personal check, debit/credit card (VISA and MasterCard), or cash. Note, there is a daily limit of $300 per credit or debit card.

Access Corrections also accepts deposits for inmate commissary accounts by phone, online, by mail, and through authorized retailers. Note, Access Corrections may charge for transactions made, depending on the mode of payment. These fees are subtracted from any cash deposit or added to the deposit amount and charged to the credit or debit card. To send money online, visit the Access Corrections website. The fee for the deposit is dependent on the amount sent. The charges are as follows:

  • $2.95 for deposits of $0.01 to $19.99
  • $5.95 for deposits of $20.00 to $99.99
  • $7.95 for deposits of $100.00 to $199.99 
  • $9.95 for deposits of $200.00 to $300.00

To send money by telephone, call 1–866–345–1884. The following fees apply for this transaction method:

  • $3.95 for deposits of $0.01 to $19.99
  • $6.95 for deposits of $20.00 to $99.99
  • $9.95 for deposits of $100.00 to $199.99 
  • $10.95 for deposits of $200.00 to $300.00

For in-person deposits, walk into any CashPayToday or AceCashExpress location. For CashPayToday, visit the website or call 1–844–340–2274 to find a location and enroll. Also, visit AceCashExpress’s site or call 1–877–223–2274 to find a location. Note, walk-in deposits also attract a fee of $5.95 regardless of the deposit amount. 

If depositing money by mail, note that there are no fees for the transaction regardless of the amount sent. Send a money order, cashier’s check, or personal check and not cash to Access Corrections using the proper address. To deposit money to an inmate by mail, Send INMATE DEPOSITS to:       

 Secure Deposits-Idaho DOC

PO Box 12486

St. Louis, MO 63132

Access Corrections also provides payment kiosks at all the main IDOC Probation and Parole district offices. These kiosks accept credit and debit card deposits from community-based offenders to make payments against PSI, COS, or Interstate Compact Application fees owed. Alternatively, Send COMMUNITY-BASED OFFENDER PAYMENTS to: 

Secure Deposits-Idaho DOC P&P

PO Box 12486

St. Louis, MO 63132

  • Criminal Records
  • Arrests Records
  • Warrants
  • Driving Violations
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies
  • Misdemeanors
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Federal Dockets
  • Probate Records
  • Marriage Records
  • Divorce Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Asset Records
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • And More!